- flash-driven, intuitive site navigation
- system sound effects & a classical soundtrack
- site enhancements for faster connections
- database-driven site filing system
- still & moving artwork viewing mechanism
- 'sketchbook' guestbook.
- video clip pop-ups & 2 full short-films
- random article quoting mechanism
- multiple site backdrops
- contact form
- flash interface that embodied the angular, chaotic and menacing new work.
- flash draggable windows interface for slick presentation of textual information beyond the more abstractly visual core to the site.
- flash carousel gallery mechanism for swift & involving viewing of the new works.
- full-screen flash interface
- original music by the protomen
- original hand-drawn graphics by john delucca
- new protomen logo
- countdown clock
sonoio blue_record sleeve + print
now we say 'artwork' as opposed to 'design work' because he was particularly interested in the looser, more painterly / emotional elements of our work over some kind of cleaner, tighter design effort. modwheelmood (his previous band) had been heavy on the minimal design / die-cutting and this time, the record being much more personal to him, alessandro wanted a more cathartic, hand-made quality.
we talked for a while and decided that we should try to create something that had a european quality to it - something that harked back to alessandro's roots. combining this with a visual device that we felt was most honest to the lyrical content on the record, we came up with the two matisse-esque characters you see on the cover, who are trying to cover up the holes in their chests. the colour choices were then informed in part by the colour of the buchla synth itself. the pencil marks are that of my father thomas newbolt, who's drawings we cut up and relocated elements of for the sake of adding more movement / life to the collage.